PET scan

• 11 replies
  • 103 subscribers

Hi everyone, I had a chest xray for some on related a few weeks ago which showed up a 13mm nodule with what looks like a vein leading into it. I was fast tracked and so far have had a ct scan then a pet  scan for which I am waiting for the results. I have a lung function appointment next week and was supposed to have a results consultation in 3 weeks. However the day after my pet scan the scan was reviewed and discussed at a MDT meeting. They called me the next morning and brought forward my result consultation to next week, 20 days before it was supposed to be. This all seems fast now so I am really worried. 

• Hi Adam , I was never told Herder score of my pet scans , in fact I didn't even see an oncologist first time ,  just specialized nurse who gave me the option of surgery or just leaving it , didn't see oncologist till I had recurrance and all I knew was the size , no stageing,  or scores maybe I am too naive and didn't ask proper questions but I  must remember IF I see oncologist again to ask these things , I am now just referred to Respiratory clinic who will keep an eye on it .

Take care x