Immunotherapy scoring / suitability

• 2 replies
  • 105 subscribers

Please help. My poor mum completed radiotherapy for stage 3 lung cancer but unfortunately the tumour hasn’t shrunk and is now compressing her spinal cord leaving her left leg unable to move. Because she can’t walk ( no one has tried to mobilise her ) she’s now not ‘fit / suitable for immunotherapy which was going to be a definite choice before . Is this right ? I’m waiting for consultant to get back to me . I’m furious because when we spoke to consultant 2 weeks ago ( over the phone !!!!) we said that her back was more sore and this could maybe have been prevented . Now it seems that choice may have been taken away . Any help / advise greatly appreciated x

• Hi Fi 21 I am so sorry your mum is going through this. I know it has been a couple of days since you posted (sorry I have not been around much this week myself) and I wondered how your mum is? I hope she is comfortable. 

We will continue to support you as much as we can here in the lung group, but speaking to other people who are going through a similar situation to yourself can be very beneficial. 

There are 3 different support forums on the community you can join.

Family and friends 

Carers only

supporting someone with incurable cancer group

You will find several people there who are going through a similar situation to yourself.  You can also call the Macmillan support helpline for support 7 days a week from 8am til 8pm on 0808 808 00 00 

I know this has been a real shock for you, and I know how it feels to watch a parent go through this. My heart goes out to you, I hope you have someone at home to support you through this horrible time xx 

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • Thank you so much for your support. We are all in bits to see her sudden change from being so physically active the day prior. We are all in shock about her prognosis. I will try the other support groups you have mentioned . Many thanks xx