SCLC St 4 sore skin

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 8 replies
  • 107 subscribers

Hi 

is anyone able to recommend any creams for very sore, red, tender skin on head and face?  Assuming it’s from the chemo 

• Hi

When I started my chemo for SCLC one on he chemo nurses recommended Udderly Smooth (with Urea).  You can get it on the well known on-lining shopping company. However I have just looked on the Udderly Smooth website and they now do an Oncology Care package.   I was luckky and didn't get the dry skin so gave my cream to someone who  did.

Worth a try?

Kegsy x

"If you are going through hell, keep going" ; Sir Winston Churchill
    " Cancer may take my life; however it will not become my life" Kegsy August 2011
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Kegsy

Thank you Blush 

• Hi Kegsey

I haven’t had problems with skin but a friend recommended Rescue Remedy Cream when I started treatment in case I encountered problems. She used it when getting Radiotherapy. I know not the same thing but maybe worth a try.

Good luck

Patmart

• Hi, Hope its ok to bump this old thread up.

I had awful problems with dry parched skin on arms and legs, but I started to use aloe vera gel (94% with no perfume) and its working a miracle. Since my skin is less dry, it is also not so prone to cuts and bruising.

This has worked for me so thought I'd share. The creams I tried were not nearly as good (and they stick to your clothes.)

• Hi boracay, another tip is to keep the aloe vera in the fridge, so it's nice and cooling to apply. I am glad it is working for you x 

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • Hi all

ive had very dry skin due to my chemotherapy treatment none of the creams prescribed seemed to work for me every times I changed my clothes it looked like a snow storm and I also lost my hair.

for many years I’ve been using bath and shower products from a company called SBC. All of there products are blended from natural ingredients and are ethical.Just by chance I emailed them and asked if they could recommend anything for me to use. They very kindly sent me some samples of shower gel scalp shampoo and conditioner to try from their propolis range. Within a couple of days of using the shower gel my skin was much improved and has cleared up completely as I continue to use it. As for the scalp shampoo and conditioner it was great I have never has any issues with my scalp and my hair is beginning to regroe with no problems. I have put the link below if anyone is interested in having a look. The products aren’t cheap but I think they are well worth the money. They last for a long time and I use mine daily.Just a word of warning if you decide to buy the shower gel please only put a small amount on your hand to use. If you use to much it will take you ages to get rid of the bubbles down the drain

www.sbcskincare.co.uk

Donna

• Aveno is very good 

• Cetraben cream I found to be the best for sore skin. But your body needs to adjust to the tablet and all will settle down.