Matrix Trial

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 2 replies
  • 67 subscribers

Hi all. I'm about to embark on the Matrix trial through Cancer Research UK. Anyone had experience with this? I am a bit daunted as the common side effects are what I'm experiencing at the moment. Having more fatigue and even more breathlessness and feeling generally like everything is an effort does not fill me with joy. However  my as options are limited I'm going to go for it.

I also wanted to ask if anybody found any makeup that did not make you look like a clown.I don't wear make-up normally but I'm very pale and I think a bit of makeup would be a little boost. Because I've never worn it everything I put on looks ridiculous. Any advice would be welcome hope everyone's coping in these trying times. At least the days are getting a little bit later just a little bit.

• Hi Ellie, I think it’s really good news if you have been given this option. From what I know it’s to do with genetics, and not everyone is suitable for it. I’m hoping someone who has been in this trial will be able to give more info as I’m not very good on trials. 

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • Hi Ellie,

Just seen your post & whilst I can't hep re. the Matrix trial I hopefully point you in the right direction on the make up front.

Take a look here https://www.lookgoodfeelbetter.co.uk/ I'm not sure how well know it is but they are a cancer support charity (that my work supports) the idea being to help boost physical & emotional well being through offering workshops & advice. Unfortunately due to COVID all of their face to face workshops are paused, but hopefully you may be able to glean some info/help on their website or book on to a virtual workshop.

All the best.

Steve