Immunotherapy treatment

• 6 replies
  • 12 subscribers

Hi all I got my CT scan results and there is no changes since my last one in November so they are wanting to stop my Chemotherapy treatment and start me on immunotherapy treatment instead don't know much about this treatment has anyone else had this treatment?

• Hi  

I don't have the experience you're looking for but I noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet. I've done a search in the group for posts which mention immunotherapy and found these for you to have a look through. 

It would be great if you could pop something about your diagnosis and treatment so far into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• My hubby has been having immunotherapy for liver and oesophageal cancer since May 2022.

he has it every 3 weeks and the only side effect he seems to suffer from is tiredness on the day.

he has ct scans every 3 months and everything is stable no change 

good luck 

• Hi thank you for your reply i got diagnosed last may with Primary liver cancer and i started on Chemotherapy in August and my latest ct scan showed no changes so my oncologist said that he wants to try me on immunotherapy treatment because he thinks that it might work  better than the chemotherapy.   I'm seeing my oncologist on Tuesday so hopefully should be starting treatment soon Fingers crossed Glad your husband is doing ok with it.

• Hi Keira, have you started your immunotherapy treatment yet ? I am having it and other than a couple of side effects it seems to be effective. Hope it works for you

• Hi I'm having my first treatment next Friday Fingers crossedI'll let you know how I get on.

Glad your doing ok with it and that it is working for you 

• i have secondary liver cancer but it is my main one a year ago i was to ill to have a pick line so they started me on immunotherapy i have not looked back feel healthy i live a very active full life after the first treatment i was able to start eating and drinking again. my blood cancer was well over 1000 it is now 2.0 all my tumours have shrunk feel so lucky to have immunotherapy.  i have no side effects so have treatment every 6 weeks and now going to have my scans at 4 month interval instead of 3 good luck