Blastic Plasmacytoid Dendritic Cell Neoplasm (BPDCN)

• 11 replies
  • 10 subscribers

Hi Everybody.

I am new to the group, I was diagnosed with a very rare type of cancer called Blastic Plasmacytoid Dendritic Cell Neoplasm (BPDCN) in May 2022

I am from Northern Ireland & was told I am only the 2nd case of it in NI, there's a few more rare stastics with it, I can't find any specific group for it but its leukaemia linked, even a lot of the medical staff that have been looking after me haven't even heard of it, I was wondering if anybody on here has? 

From Mickypops. 

• Hi Becki, I haven't been on here in a while, I haven't had a very good year after my transplant, thankfully i am still cancer free, but had several complications from my failed transplant, after my transplant failed, my numbers all dropped, i'm on boosters for nuetrophils, WBC, and platletts, they are trying to get my numbers up to do another bone marrow transplant, in auagust my platletts dropped to zero, and only ever rose to 5, i'm on boosters now for them and they rose last week to 22, but came down to 9 this week again, but they do that anyways, so hopefully they will go up again now once they have started, if they get to 50 , they wont have to do another transplant, but in  August i started taking reactions, in and out of hospital since then, it turns out its the nuetrophil booster that's doing it, i started a new one last week and its doing the same, so god knows where we go from here.