Partial nephrectomy done!

• 2 replies
  • 43 subscribers

Hi everyone, I hope you are all ok. I have had a strange few days following my partial nephrectomy on 07/11. I remembered some bits of a conversation I had with the surgeon when I came round in recovery, but obviously in my drug addled haze I wasnt sure what was real and what was fantasy! Anyway I messaged my CNS and outlined what I thought was the conversation, which included the surgeon telling me it didn't look like he expected, more like muscle tissue and blood vessels and I thought he mentioned spontaneous bursting and the word benign? He never said any of these when I saw him the next day, just that it went well and he would see me in 6 weeks, so I was thinking probably the drugs but it's been bugging me. My CNS called me today and said my surgeon confirmed everything I remembered was true and that I shouldn't worry that the histology will be a bit odd as it burst but they think it was an AML and sorry that I had gone through the surgery as they are benign tumours. I guess until I see the histology and my surgeon face to face I wont be 100% but to say I'm pleased is an understatement. Anyone else on here heard of this?

• Hello Gosh

I hope you don't mind me responding as I had a different type of cancer. I hope by doing so it will bump your post so someone who has a similar experience will see it and respond. 

What a great outcome though- if it is confirmed as benign and an AML. It sounds very reassuring that your CNS confirmed what the surgeon had said to you and I hope that your appointment goes well. In the meantime if there is anything you need then please do ask, or give the Support Line a call.

It is not something I have heard of happening before but this sounds great news! Hope you are recovering well from the surgery.

Jane

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Hello gosh,

fantastic news, what a relief for you , However you thought you had cancer and have had a big op so go easy in yourself. 
    so lovely to hear a good outcome though. Best wishes Jules xx