Seeking advice for daughter who is 25 worried mum

• 1 reply
  • 5 subscribers

This is her words 

It all started with a lump/swelling in my armpit no pain nothing when I first noticed the lump in late November.

My armpit just below my collar bone and down towards the very top of my breast was aching feeling full in these areas like soemthing is stuck deep in by breast down toward my rib. Like a fullness

I had a scan of  a small area of my armpit....not my boob or anywhere else. They were very dismissive. Not interested and just swelling. 

My breasts have changed, I’ve lived with my body for 25 years and I just know something isn’t right maybe just an infection? I’m not automatically thinking the worst but when you know you know.

My skin has changed it’s all weird this isn’t skin I recognise it’s like it’s shrivelled and died off.

Left it a couple of weeks. Swelling still there. Gp appointment took another 2 weeks. 

My dimpling and my gp did make a note that my nipple is turning inwards, she wanted to speak to a colleague for more advise as she was a trainee.  said the would refer to breast clinic but no urgency, they only did it because i was so emotional. 

Does anyone agree that there is some dimpling in the skin? All I’m hearing is your 25 you’re too young for cancer.I am that worried considering private tests 

• Go back to the GP & firstly insist that you must have an appointment with a fully trained GP not a trainee.  Secondly go armed with statistics & printouts if needed from the NHS Website of Breast Charity, I've done this with another health condition & it was hard to be fobbed off when I'd highlighted (literally) all the syptoms I had that match the recognised criteria.  Insist of further tests.  You need to be properly checked regardless of your age, most women who get breast cancer are over the age of 50, but not all.

Please do be reassured that finding a lump does not mean you have breast cancer, as lumps can be benign tumours, cysts & fatty deposits.

Best wishes to all.