Hello

• 3 replies
  • 6 subscribers

Hi everyone, I was diagnosed in March with hert2positive IBC .. it’s also in my lymph nodes .. had 2 cycles of chemo..there has been a little change in my breast after 2 cycles.. it’s not as painful and redness has reduced a little.. the consultant now wants to change to herceptin treatment (which was planned after cycle 3 .). as he would like to see a more dramatic change in the breast. Although he wasn’t worried (he said the first treatmentworks well fir some people but not all ) and all of this is pretty common. I’m just now really scared that the treatment next time will not work either..  I’m just so so scared. I already had significant health anxiety before this so this has blown my anxiety off the scale.. I feel like I need some help dealing with this . I’m also wondering if this has happened to anyone else to put my mind at rest a little. This is the hardest thing I’ve ever done .. I feel so alone 

• Hi there, I am so sorry to hear that your treatment plan is changing, that's so frustrating and it's only natural to be anxious about it. From my understanding of breast cancers these days, the treatment is very unique to each person, and can be adjusted to see what works best.

The great thing about this forum is that you don't feel quite so alone as there are lots of lovely people going through similar experiences. I'm at the end of my treatment myself, others are just starting and we all share the ups and downs, we all have good days and not so good days

Also, if you need to chat things through, you can call Macmillan or use the chat function. I did that a few times and I really helped me to get a different perspective.

I hope your new treatment goes well

Community Champion badge

• Hi and thank you for responding. I’m feel like I want to press fast forward and get through this but I know I can’t. The biggest problem here is my mind set.. I’m on negative, negative , negative and I can’t get away from it. I’m trying so hard to be positive but I can’t escape these fears 

• Hi there, so sorry you're feeling this way.  Have a read of my blog, it's pretty upbeat but realistic, maybe it helps.

Blog

Community Champion badge