Stage 3b IBC going in to chemo 3...

• 1 reply
  • 6 subscribers

Hi folks,

From what I've seen there aren't many of us out there. I was diagnosed in January and am having chemo every 3 weeks along with Herceptin.  I've had a total mare with a piccline that has given me a DVT  after round 1 and an infected Port in round 2. I'd really like to catch a break this round! Hopefully no antibiotics as I don't think my poor bottom could take another 20 days of diarrhea Joy

I know this is just the start, surgery and radiation to go but How have you lovelies that are further down the line done? Feels quite hopeless at times and would be good to hear from other IBC members. How long did you have radiation for?

Holla if you're active in this chat..

• Hi sorry to hear you've been having such a rough ride with treatment so far.  I didn't have IBC but I imagine radiotherapy will be similar  for all types of breast cancer.

The radiotherapy was actually absolutely fine.  I had the 5 day intensive treatment and didn't have many side effects - my skin was a little pink and warm from around day 3 maybe but I used lots of natural aloe vera (straight from the plant) and it very quickly went back to. normal.  I diid feel  tired for a good month or two after radiotherapy finished but each week was better than the week before.  I made sure I listened to my body and rested whenever I needed to.

CLICK HERE for chemo thread

CLICK HERE for radiotherapy thread

CLICK HERE for Chat thread

Hope your next chemo session is better.