Right breast lesion - Thickish white line - Tomosynthesis

• 1 reply
  • 6 subscribers

Hi, sorry if this is the wrong forum.

I paid privately for a physical breast exam, had a 2d normal mammogram and an ultrasound.

The left axilla armpit node is raised, above 3 (3 of what measurement, I don't know), they want to examine me in a month's time to see if it has reduced. If not they'll stick a needle in it for further examinations.

What I found confusing is the other finding ...

The results are there is a lesion on the right breast and a tomosynthesis machine is needed for a 3d image to know for sure what it is. 

I can't find an image on Google that resembles what I was shown.  It's a thickish white line. It doesn't resemble the usual calcification clustered or otherwise images commonly found on Google.  

Has anyone had a tomosynthesis 3d image on a thickish white line that appeared on a 2d mammogram and showed nothing on an ultrasound, if so, what was your result?

My tomosynthesis appointment is on the 4th of January, I'm just getting more anxious by the hour. 

Thanks

• Hi  and so sorry you find yourself here.  I don't have an answer for you as I didn't have what you are describing and I imagine no one has responded to you because they haven't either.  Every one is so different that it's difficult to compare our symptoms and outcomes to those of others.

I know it's a very worrying time, this part where you are waiting for tests and results is for most of us the worst part and is extremely scary and stressful.  

Try and keep yourself busy and distracted and remember that most of the time these things turn out to be nothing to worry about but should it turn out to be cancer try and hang onto the fact that breast cancer is very treatable these days with very high success rates.

Hope it all turns out to be noting of concern.