IBC

• 1 reply
  • 6 subscribers

hello,

im after some advice

i was diagnosed which breast cancer (IDC) in sept 2015, I had 6 rounds of chemo and double mastectomy, no rads. 

over the past 2 days by breast has been crazy itchy, it’s constant! But because I have no actual feeling in my breast I can’t seem to scratch it (hope that makes sense!) I have been scratching my breast all day to the point where it’s bright red! 

because I was diagnosed when I was 29, no family history and negative for BRCA1 & 2. I panic over any little change! I read about inflammatory breast cancer and know that it’s associated with severe itching. Do you think it’s something to be worried about? What were your symptoms? 

if it’s still itching by Tuesday I will book a drs appointment but just wondered if anyone can shine any light?

sorry for rambling!

thank you x 

• Hi SamW209 welcome to the forum and you are not rambling but you will be scared and frightened and that is  ok though not nice for you I know. Can I ask where you read about this?  I know that itching is one of the symptoms but it could also be you have gotten a bite or have had a scratch and just rubbed until its red and itchy.

Personally I think the best thing to do is ti get an appointment with the GP on Tuesday and let them have a look as they would rather be seeing you and allay your fears than be having you worrying like you are and they will can offer some re assurance so make that appointment  and go see them. xxxx 

gail

Community Champion Badge