New and anxious

• 2 replies
  • 10 subscribers

Hi I'm Deborah was diagnosed with hl in Jan I have had every scan biopsy ultrasound u can imagine only to be told u have a very rare and strange case of hl so they need more info before they decide on which treatment to give 

Mine started as a sore throat the right tonsil swelt up over my airway so had emergency surgery to remove it no infection as first thought but hodkins was confirmed 

Has anyone else had this happen and have to wait this long for answers and treatment meanwhile I have horrendous sweats and itching how did u guys cope woth it and is there anything I can do about symptoms 

Thanks Heart️ 

• Hi  and a warm welcome to this corner of the Community although I am sorry to see you joining us. I am Mike and I help out around our various Lymphoma groups.

I don’t have Hodgkin's Lymphoma but I was diagnosed way back in 1999 at 43 with a very rare - 8 in a million, incurable but treatable type of Low-Grade NHL then in late 2013 a more aggressive type of NHL came along with me now reaching Stage 4a so although my Lymphoma ‘type’ is different I do appreciate the challenges of this journey rather well.

It took my clinical team a full year and about 6 biopsies to eventually get the proof that identified my type of Lymphoma….. but even although it is rare I am still hear 25 years later, 8.5 years out from my last treatment, turned 68 last Nov and living a great life…… so although this all sounds ever so challenging it can all be treated.

I had not Night Sweats or Itching as a symptom but these link unpack these….

Night sweats

Itching

……. let’s look for some of the group members to pick up on your post.

Always around to help more or just to chat

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• I too had night sweats and lots of itching.  Id wake up soaking wet.  Nothing with a sore throat however i did have a lump in my neck where a mass of lymphs were swollen.