Phantom Chest Pain Where My Tumour Once Was - Anyone Else Experience This?

• 1 reply
  • 7 subscribers

Hi All - I am 1 year in remission from Hodgkins Lymphoma which was in my chest (mediastinal mass) and I keep having a weird phantom pain in my chest that feels like it's my tumour throbbing.

Has anyone else experienced this post treatment, and does it go away? I am assuming it is nothing to worry about but would love to understand anyone else's perspective here! It is definitely starting to play with my head and my emotions.

<3 Jennifer 

• Hi  and welcome to the Community. I am just dropping in past from our NHL group as your post caught my attention.

First well done getting through your treatment and being a year out. Phantom pains do happen but often will have a reason behind them...... you have talked with your medical team?..... if not you should just to keep them informed.

I am over 7 years out from the treatment for the mass on my neck. It was the size of a brick and had enclosed muscles and nerves....... all these years on I still get random pain in this area “you will most likely have pain in this area for a long time Mike” was what my team said..... and it’s been the case. I don’t think much about it now and only when I see posts like yours I get reminded.

You are in the final 1/3 of your cancer journey and for some, this part is as challenging as the diagnosis and treatment.

You may find it helpful to make a cuppa and have a look at this great paper as it highlights the milestones in the post treatment journey

Do call your meds and talk it through.

Always around to listen.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge