Hello

• 18 replies
  • 10 subscribers

Hi 

I got diagnosed just after Christmas. Stage 2b in my Chest and neck 

I will be receiving 6 months AVBD. I have done my first one,,11 to go!  

I wanted to join here as I don't like talking to my family about it and would like you hear about other peoples experiences.

Still a bit shell shocked.

• Hi again  and well done navigating over to the group.

I am sure that some of the HL folks will be along to help you out. In the meantime you can have a look at some of the discussion, have nose at peoples profiles (hit their community names) and general browse the site

Always around to help out as best as I can.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Thankyou. I think it will take me a bit time to navigate the site haha.  Appreciate your help.

• There is a lot of information and groups available but have a play. If you get lost you hit your community name then more and that will take you back to a point where you can check your groups and see your posts.

Are you having ABVD?

Mike (Thehighlander)

Community Champion Badge

• Hello Tigerfee

I am new too. I was recently told I have with bulky classical Hodgkins and second chemo is due later this week (fortnightly ABVD).

I live alone though I have a few close friends but I don’t like uncertainty. As well as managing shielding, the chemo, and symptoms, I’m now worried about work (I don’t know if I will be up to the pressure).

Right now I just want to get better at taking it day by day as I’m sure anxiety will make me feel worse. I’m glad Macmillan and these groups exist. 

Mazzie

• Hi  and a warm welcome to you. Your focus is to get through this, you can’t control the medical side of things but the mental challenges of dealing with the journey is firmly in your hands so do use the Community to talk with people who understand.

Lymphoma Action a small UK Lymphoma Charity have lots of information and run regular online Lymphoma Zoom support groups and indeed a great Lymphoma Buddy Service.

Work may well be a challenging issue. The Macmillan Support Services provides lots of information, support and financial guidance.

Most services are open 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week and it's free to call on 0808 808 00 00 have a look by Clicking here to see what is available and we also have our Ask an Expert section, but do allow two working days for replies from our expert team.

((hugs))

Mike (Thehighlander)

Community Champion Badge

• Thank you. I will check it out. 

• Hi Mazzie 

Sorry to hear your also going through this.   It is a lot to cope with, on top of everything else.  You will do it though! Your doing the right thing, one day at a time!

I go on Tuesday for my 3rd infusion, once they start that's it, we are counting down till its over!

If you ever need chat I'm here.  Knowing I'm never alone gives me such comfort. 

Julie. 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi, I'm 29 and was diagnosed at 27 and I still struggle to believe what's happening is real. From other sufferers I can see that the majority are all clear after ABVD. That unfortunately didn't happen for me although I got so so close. I wish you all the best of luck with everything going forward. Clinical psychology helped me get therapy I needed tk talk all my dark thoughts out. 

• Thanks Julie. The hospital team are very supportive. My 2nd chemo is Saturday and I’m hoping I’ll get used to it. Good place to read books though. 

• EmilyLouise

Thank you. I can’t imagine how tough it has been and still is for you. How are you now?