3rd Relapse

• 3 replies
  • 7 subscribers

Well my husband has relapsed Hodgkins for the third time. Previously being too unwell for stem cell so another route was taken. Now we embark on Pembrolizumab and then plan whats next. Its been very hard to take in again and we are in quite a bit of disbelief. Lets see how we go. I do feel very scared as a partner. Also very upset and I cannot imagine how he feels. Hes a very closed peraon to wveryone apart from me so hard when i suggest talking to others. The past 8 years have been tough and yet again cancer is back in our lives. I hear great things about Pembrolizumab somlets see how he goes xx

• Hi again  and sorry to hear your news.

Multiply relapses is very challenging and it is a relentless rollercoaster. As you may remember I have had multiple relapses over my 24+ years including my first Allo SCT failing….. I have to say that I felt that this was much harder for my wife Fiona.

At these times you have to put your full trust in the medical teams and look for them to find the best route through this storm.

As you may know I also volunteer with Lymphoma ActionLymphoma Action is the only UK Lymphoma Specific Charity who have lots of good reliable information, videos..... basically all things Lymphoma....... pre, during and post treatment.

They run regular Support Platforms both for patients but also for caregivers ..... I highly recommend these groups as there is nothing better than talking with other who have walked the journey.

They also have a great Lymphoma Action Buddy Service where you can be linked up with another caregiver who has walked the same journey.

They also have a Lymphoma helpline on 0808 808 5555 where you can talk with someone and get support - open every week day from 10 till 3.

Let’s look for Pembrolizumab to do the job ((hugs))

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Thank you once again Highlander. Sorry its been a while weve been swamped. Im going to look at that support. Were both really struggling. And to top it off hes now got to have a wisdom tooth removed! Its all go!

• Ah the bumps on the road often come in waves……

You will find a lot of active carers (and patient's) on the various Lymohoma Action Support platforms…… and you may well bump into me as well as I have been a volunteer with LA for a few years ((hugs))

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge