Jaw pain on day 4 after my first session with abvd

• 3 replies
  • 7 subscribers

Hello everyone,

After my first session I haven't been too bad until day 4 when a very strong jaw pain started and made difficult also to swallow. The Dr said it may be a side effect of my anti sickness pills. It lasted 2/3 days and I am now finally better.

I was wondering if anyone else had a similar experience. The pain was terrible and paracetamol didn't do anything. I had to take some codeine to relieve and be able to drink and eat normally.

Thank you,

Have a lovely weekend Revolving hearts

• Hi  I have a different Lymphoma and chemo but I can identify witch random aches and pains around my body including in my jaw during treatment….. consultant said it was down to a mix if the treatment and as the treatment goes ‘everywhere’ in the body pains can appear then disappear.

Just watch the codeine based meds as they are bad for bunging you up….. I was on a lot of codeine so was told to take Laxido am and on every day.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Yes, I took the codeine only once because I really couldn't even drink. But then I immediately stopped. 

• I had my first chemo last Thursday.  Jaw pain and headache awful. Took Paracetamol, it took the edge off. A little better today Thumbsup