Inflamed Neck

• 5 replies
  • 6 subscribers

Hey 

I’ve been battling for 2 years almost , chemo relapse then AutoStem Cell and proton beam radio therapy. I finished this Proton Radiation October 19. My question is my neck is just not the same after chemo it was so slim but now it seems so inflamed and constantly aches. I’m praying that it isn’t back. Does anyone have similar issues ? 

thanks x 

• Hi again  30th July last year and i notice your questions were around your neck.

I am 10 years this week out from starting my main chemo for my NHL...... I had a brick sized mass in my neck...... I then went on to have 2 Allo (donour) Stem Cell Transplants June 2014 then Oct 2015.......... 8 years on my neck has never been the same.

Lumps and bumps come and go........ and I still have aches and pains so have to do regular neck exercises as I have been left with nerve damage.

What are you clinical team saying?

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Hey thanks for reply , I have not said anything yet as I’ve not experienced any new lumps . It’s more just swollen and aches. My team has said that Radiation can cause scar tissue ect 

• Yes, radiotherapy does indeed leave scar tissue. I had 45 zaps of radiotherapy…..

10 high dosage on ever lymph node in my body and that included my neck. Scans of my neck even now show the scar tissue that if it was not known would look like Lymphoma activity.

It takes time to develop trust in our post treatment body….. did you ever do the Lymphoma Action Live your Life course as it does cover these areas.

Mike (Thehighlander)

Community Champion Badge

• I didn’t do no course no , I’ll look that up :) 

im just worried about my neck it seems just so big :( 

• Mike (Thehighlander)

Community Champion Badge