Symptom and Scan

• 1 reply
  • 6 subscribers

Hi! I was diagnosed with HL stage 2 earlier this year and I just finished the last round of chemo on August 6. Everything was good, the scan I had back in April was all clear but I had to finish the treatment anyway. I have my new scan to check how things are this week and I can´t stop thinking about this little pain that started a few days ago after I took the 3rd dose of the COVID vaccine (my doctor told me to get it).  One of my symptoms before finding out I had HL was chest pain but it was on the opposite side from where I am getting it right now and I don't feel like it is the same pain. I'm a really anxious person so I've been wondering if it might be something bad or if has something to do with the vaccine. Did anyone ever had some kind of pain similar to a symptom after the last round of chemo?

• Hi  and a warm welcome to this corner of the Community although I am always sorry to see folks joining us. I am Mike and I help out around our various Lymphoma groups. 

I don’t have Hodgkin's Lymphoma but I was diagnosed way back in 1999 with a rare, incurable but treatable type of Non Hodgkin’s Lymphoma Stage 4a so although my Lymphoma ‘type’ is different I do appreciate the challenges of this journey rather well.

I have talked with a lot with folks who have had various pains after having the covid jab so yes this could be the answer. But you are just coming up to a month post your last treatment.

Your body is still coming to terms with having had your treatment and is now in the process of recovering. It is very important to remember that the chemo you had not only attacks your growth areas but also attacks random areas around you body - there is collateral damage during these treatments. I had pain in various areas for rather a long time after my treatments had finally finished but these were nothing to do with my cancer but the scars from having treatment.

Let’s look for your scan to confirm that the treatment did its job.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge