Check ups

• 4 replies
  • 35 subscribers

Hi 

I’ve had tongue operation back in November and RT which ended in Feb. I’ve had 1 check up with a pet scan and consultant to say all was clear this was back in June. He was a bit cross that they had not booked me in for a MRI so had to wait and have that done end of June. He said he would cal me with results but never heard anything.  I was also told I would have 3 monthly check ups but not heard anything. I just have no idea if this is normal or should I be chasing them.  

Natalie x 

• Hi - if it was me, I would follow it up. if you’ve not heard, it probably means there’s nothing to worry about. But confirming will put your mind at rest. It’s completely reasonable that you want the results from your scan - it’s your body. Do you have a CNS you can email or phone?

• I was also told I would have 3 monthly check ups but not heard anything

Things are going astray as far as appointments are concerned but this needs chasing up. We need close monitoring for our first year. 

Dani 

Base of tongue cancer. T2N0M0 6 weeks Radiotherapy finished January 2019

I wrote a blog about my cancer. just click on the link below 

https://todaymycoffeetasteslikechristmasincostarica.com 

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Community Champion badge
  • Hi Natalie 

Finished chemoradio June last year.... have had PET/CT scans... clear... now in the system for 3 monthly checks for the next 3 years... then 6 monthly for 2 years...

I would chase up with Oncology.

Peter 

• In northern Ireland my local hospital I will get seen every month for the first year then every two months for year two, three months year three and so on until year five. I think that's very good.