Yellowy phlegm !

• 1 reply
  • 37 subscribers

Hi there

I had treatment for tongue cancer ending in January 2020.  6 weeks of radiotherapy and 2 doses of chemotherapy.  

I've been doing really well thankfully, although I have long term physical side effects I've been coping ok.  However I've noticed in the last month that my stomach has been constantly bloated.  My GP are in the process of testing my bloods and stools and the results should be back soon.  

But also this morning I noticed that my phlegm is like a weird yellowy colour - it's not the colour it would be if I had a cold or flu.  I've not noticed it before so I feel like it's a new thing.  I wondered if anyone else has had this experience after having radiotherapy?

I am panicking a bit.  A very good friend of mine was diagnosed with breast cancer literally the same week I had my mouth cancer diagnosis.  She was doing so well but has recently been diagnosed with terminal cancer and as well as being totally devastated for her I am worrying about my health.

I'd be grateful for any feedback info on the phlegm - of course I will also be mentioning it to my consultant.

Thank you.

• Hi, I wouldn't like to confirm what it is as my cancer was throat/voicebox, is it just coming normally or are you couhing the phlem up and it's thick yellow. I produce lots os phlem one of the unfortunate side effects of a Laryngectomy but when it turns thick and yellow it points straight to a chest infection, did the doctor sound your chest ?

As you say speak with your medical team, just wanted to perhaps help with the concern, I know how too well any little thing makes us think the worse Upside down

Take care

Tony

Community Champion Badge

We will move mountains to help people with cancer live life as fully as they can.
    We'll do whatever it takes. For information, support or just someone to talk to,

call 0808 808 00 00 or visit www.macmillan.org.uk

Onwards and UpwardsWink Laryngectomy and OC survivor 

Lead Volunteer for Hampshire MacMillan Buddy Service