Scan date

• 27 replies
  • 35 subscribers

Hi,

After posting last week about no scan date got phone call on Friday to go to ENT this Tuesday coming at 3pm.Feeling so frightened as I was misdiagnosed in the beginning and now T4N1M0.Have been told cancer is big so feel i have little hope of treatment working although oncologist said80-85% and ENT said 70%.Wish i has someone here to help me cope but on my own .Is there anyone on here with a T4 that had good results ? I feel like a coward unable to face what may come.

Turi

• Hi Turi - hold onto the fact that there is a very much better chance of cure than of not.  There is a lot of evidence that supports what your doctors are saying, so they are not just giving you false hope.  It is going to be tough, especially on your own, but this group is fantastic for supporting each other.  We have your back!

Peter
    See my profile for more details of my convoluted journey
  • Thanks Peter for your reply.

Turi

• Hi Turi I know lots who were late diagnosed and t4. What you're feeling is a blip you've come this far so big girl knickers on and best foot  forward. 

hugs Hazel x

Hazel aka RadioactiveRaz 

My blog is www.radioactiveraz.wordpress.com  HPV 16+ tonsil cancer Now 5 years  post treatment. 35 radiotherapy 2 chemo T2N2NM.Happily getting on with living always happy to help  

• Thanks Hazel you always make me smile.

Turi

• Pleased to be of service. Not putting a downer just be aware sometimes hot spots show on the scans not saying yours will but they can do. It’s not unusual am only  making yiu aware. What happens is they’ll either re scan in a few months or do a biopsy.  Am sure Dani won’t mind me saying hers showed an hot spot.. sending hugs Hazel xx 

Hazel aka RadioactiveRaz 

My blog is www.radioactiveraz.wordpress.com  HPV 16+ tonsil cancer Now 5 years  post treatment. 35 radiotherapy 2 chemo T2N2NM.Happily getting on with living always happy to help  

• Am sure Dani won’t mind me saying hers showed an hot spot

Hi Turi. I did and it was ok. 
    But you haven’t had your scan yet? Or have I got that wrong. ? 

Dani 

Base of tongue cancer. T2N0M0 6 weeks Radiotherapy finished January 2019

I wrote a blog about my cancer. just click on the link below 

https://todaymycoffeetasteslikechristmasincostarica.com 

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Community Champion badge
  • HinDani might be me I thought Turi had had her scan in Aberdeen .but good luck to her either way think  she had scan 4 March xx

Hazel x

Hazel aka RadioactiveRaz 

•  she had scan 4 March xx

Yes she did. Sorry  

Yes Hazel is right. My scan lit up and the recommended course of action was to biopsy. Hot spots are really common and very rarely indicate treatment failure. 
    My oncologist tells me that they would prefer to scan at six months 

Dani 

Base of tongue cancer. T2N0M0 6 weeks Radiotherapy finished January 2019

I wrote a blog about my cancer. just click on the link below 

https://todaymycoffeetasteslikechristmasincostarica.com 

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Community Champion badge
  • Hi Dani

I had scan on the 4th of March.I said at the time to the radiographer I was still sore and it felt pretty inflamed.She said as long as it was 3 months since end of treatment they were happy.Can the people that read the scans tell the difference between real/false hotspots ?

Turi

• Sorry I worded first post wrong not waiting for scan date waiting for results 

Turi