Has your speech or voice changed after a cancer diagnosis or cancer treatment?

• 12 replies
  • 29 subscribers

Hi everyone,

We just wanted to share a blog which you might find interesting, around speech and voice changes following cancer. We wrote this blog with a focus on mouth cancer as it was Mouth Cancer Action Month in November. The blog features members' experiences and resources that may be useful. Why not give it a read?

Has your speech or voice changed after a cancer diagnosis or cancer treatment?

If you have any topics you'd like us to cover in Community News, please just let us know at community@macmillan.org,uk.

Best wishes,

Eliza
Macmillan Community team

• I've never had a baseplate blow ever I don't think Tony, that must be a real pain.

Royal Surrey eh? I was brought up in Guildford from the age of two, very happy memories of the place.

Community Champion Badge

Metastatic SCC diagnosed 8th October 2013. Modified radical neck dissection November, thirty-five radiotherapy fractions with 2xCisplatin chemo Jan/Feb 2014. Recurrence on larynx diagnosed July 2020 so salvage laryngectomy in September 2020.

http://mike-o.blogspot.co.uk/

• Yes it is but I use glue now and that helps they say I talk too much but unfortunately at work that’s my job. Also they say I have a strong voice which means too much pressure so they have given me a gauge to try I should do 20-30 but I am registering 60!
    i will practice once I have all the other out the way!

Community Champion Badge

We will move mountains to help people with cancer live life as fully as they can.
    We'll do whatever it takes. For information, support or just someone to talk to,

call 0808 808 00 00 or visit www.macmillan.org.uk

Onwards and UpwardsWink Laryngectomy and OC survivor 

Lead Volunteer for Hampshire MacMillan Buddy Service