Recently diagnosed with T1N2 BOT hpv cancer. I just want to say hi on this group.

• 109 replies
  • 136 subscribers

I just thought I would join this group to say hi and find some support by  reading other people’s stories.  I am quite scared at the moment.  I go to the Royal Marsden on Monday to get my mask made etc.  

• Hi Lizzie, Good luck for Monday it’s quite a nice experience having the mask made and you will feel as if your under way in your treatment and path to recovery Thumbsup

• Hi Lizzie. Welcome to our little community. 
    It’s normal to be scared but knowledge is power and I’m sure your team has told you HPV driven head and neck cancer is eminently curable. 
    You are in excellent hands at the Marsden. 
    I had BOT SCC T2N0M0 treated with radiotherapy only and I’m 30 months clear living a good life. 
    I have a blog linked to below if you fancy a quick look 

My two bits of advice at the present is to trust your team and stay off Google. 
    Come back and ask anything. No question is daft. There are plenty of folk here to offer you support 

Dani 

Base of tongue cancer. T2N0M0 6 weeks Radiotherapy finished January 2019

I wrote a blog about my cancer. just click on the link below 

https://todaymycoffeetasteslikechristmasincostarica.com 

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Community Champion badge
  • Lizzie

Loads of people on here who have actually been through the treatment..I know it's scary now...but as your treatment plan developed you will be more reassured....it's not an easy treatment..but eminently doable...any questions ask here... good luck

Chas

• Hi Lizzie Welcome to the club we thought we would never be joining. Dont be afraid you are in the  best hands possible with an amazing team of experts that deal with this all the time . I am having my last scan next week hopefully and you are just starting out. I know its easy to say dont be worried etc but you really have to just go with the flow and your team are there for you 24/7. Take it one day at a time and we are all here for you if you have any questions etc . All the Best Minmax 

• Thankyou all so much.  I am quite tearful that you have all replied.  

•  Hi Lizzie We have all been there myself especially all these mad thoughts running through my head of dying the end etc etc. I came on here and spoke to people who have been through it who put me at ease. My God what a blessing that was Thank God . You will get through this X Minmax 

• Hi Lizzie 

welcome to our small community group. Sorry you’ve found yourself here. I am almost 3 years post radiotherapy for tonsil cancer with several affected lymph nodes Am living my life to the fullest.

once treatment gets under way everything falls into place. HPV driven tumour s do respond well to treatment. The mask is their ti save your life was the way I loooked at it she became my friend during treatment now she hangs in the garage as a reminder. 
    Any questions just ask one of us will y have been there , keep off dr google stay on here. 
    good  luck 

Hazel x

Hazel aka RadioactiveRaz 

My blog is www.radioactiveraz.wordpress.com  HPV 16+ tonsil cancer Now 5 years  post treatment. 35 radiotherapy 2 chemo T2N2NM.Happily getting on with living always happy to help  

• Hi Lizzie

I was petrified of the mask, but now I'm a third of the way through my treatments and it hasn't been difficult. Good luck for Monday

• Hi you welcome the people here are a great bunch and can give you good advice they have with myself please be brave your going on a long journey sending you best wishes to can do this

• Hi Lizzie and welcome.  You will get lots of support from people who are joining you or have made it through the treatment path.  We all want to help - just remember that no question is too silly to be asked on here.

Hope all goes well on Monday.

Peter
    See my profile for more details of my convoluted journey