Toothpaste

• 8 replies
  • 72 subscribers

Hi just wee update on the duraphat toothpaste. I have been having water blisters from week three after RT. I'm now 16 weeks post RT so for 13 weeks I have been getting water blisters every day maybe even three four every day and they can be excruciatingly painful. After some advice from the lovely people on the forum I stopped the duraphat yesterday and used used my oralieve toothpaste for all cleaning times and today I have had no blisters at all. I texted my dentist last night and asked him his advice he said 100 percent stop it for a week and if no blisters then it has to be the duraphat. I have apt with him next week so will chat to him about it. I asked about the flouride varnish and he said to me that with my oral hygiene in my mouth he wouldn't do the flouride varnish as I'm so particular with my mouth and I wouldn't need it and the oralieve would be enough. I'm a bit weary about that as we are told to use the duraphat. I don't want to end up having decay in the future no matter how good I am with oral care. Wondering what your thoughts are on this.