Tiredness

• 8 replies
  • 75 subscribers

Hi everyone,

Since my biopsy surgery I've been tired ,and not wanting to get out of bed ,I know I should but for some unknown reason I feel safe in it! My wife said a couple of days is ok after having surgery .but I feel guilty for doing it ? Does this make sense to anyone ?

• It’s a refuge, bed, isn’t it. It’s so tempting to hide but I would get up and shake yourself free. 

Dani 

Base of tongue cancer. T2N0M0 6 weeks Radiotherapy finished January 2019

I wrote a blog about my cancer. just click on the link below 

https://todaymycoffeetasteslikechristmasincostarica.com 

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Community Champion badge
  • Hi Danielle,

It is a refuge, I will get up and enjoy watching the birds in the garden and read .x

• Hi Spider 

We are all in the same place, wanting the cancer to just go away, bed offers a hideaway... sanctuary....makes perfect sense....the battle unfortunately needs us to mobilise.

Take care and best of luck 

Peter 

• Hi Peter,

You are right , it's just getting into that mindset. But I'm up and out of bed and reading downstairs .

Thank you 

• For the 1st  few  weeks after my tongue surgery I felt the need to take a granddad nap in the afternoon.  I think it was due to  the anxiety between being diagnosed and been given a plan and my body adjusting to the surgery.  Being able to take the dog for a walk was a godsend.  Don't forget there is always someone around to talk.  

• Don’t you worry it’s completely normal. I felt safe in my bed. Getting out of bed made me feel I had to face the world. Mainly knowing I had to eat which I found so uncomfortable.  Just take your time and find something that makes you feeL comfortable, maybe just having a cup of tea in the garden x 

• Good evening Spider3, i fully understand how you are feeling, it took me a while to get back into the norm i think its your body just wanting to rest, well done in venturing downstairs and reading , all the best.

Chris

Its sometimes not easy but its worth it ! 

Community Champion Badge

• You will be tired in the days following surgery.  It is OK to rest, but you will feel so much better if you can get out in the fresh air for a few minutes each day.  A short walk will do wonders for your recovery.

Peter
    See my profile for more details of my convoluted journey