Tongue cancer

• 5 replies
  • 73 subscribers

Hi all just a wee update. I had my first max fax apt today after being discharged from oncology 6 weeks ago. As you can imagine we get nervous going to these appointments. My consultant was amazing. I wrote all my questions down and had a full hours apt where he answered them all and  explained things to me. He was very pleased with my tongue and how it's healing. I left my apt today feeling refreshed and sooo positive.  I will see him every month now for year one. It was just lovely to come out of an appointment not terrified. Upwards and onwards. Xx

• That's great to hear. All the best with your continued recovery!

• Thank you Beepa. Xx
  • That's good, these checkups are so reassuring, it's good to know they keep a close eye on us.

Ray.

• swered them all and  explained things to me. He was very pleased with my tongue and how it's healing. I left my apt today feeling refreshed and sooo positive.  I will see him every month now for year one.

Well done. You are lucky you had such a long appointment to address your concerns as I know you have had quite a few. It's a good feeling to get such a positive consultation. Is there a scan planned soon? I had a PET at 16 weeks

Dani 

Base of tongue cancer. T2N0M0 6 weeks Radiotherapy finished January 2019

I wrote a blog about my cancer. just click on the link below 

https://todaymycoffeetasteslikechristmasincostarica.com 

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Community Champion badge
  • Hi Dani I'm not getting a head and neck scan as he said he got all the cancer and the RT was adjuvant to mop up if anything was hanging around. I'm getting a scan of my lungs as there was a few very very small incidental nodules but he explained if ten people had a scan a lot could have them. My son who is a doctor said exactly the same. I will get seen every month visually and he said if anything at all worries me to ring my cancer nurse and I can be seen immediately. I was so happy with the consultant. I worried about not getting a scan for my tongue but the oncologist agreed my cancer was gone with the op and the RT was my belt and braces. My two children who are doctors agreed with them too so I have to content myself they know better than me. I'm gonna stop worrying myself unnecessarily now and take comfort in I'm cured and I will be ok. Otherwise I could worry myself sick. Yesterday a cloud lifted from over me and I'm going na appreciate what I have and what I have to look forward to. Life can be good again. Early days I know but I have to look forward not back xxx