Windpipe cancer

• 3 replies
  • 72 subscribers

My husband was diagnosed in may with cancer of the windpipe and it has spread to his cartilage we think it has come from his lungs he had lung cancer 4 years ago which they did operation and removed a third of his lung and had 20 radiation treatment atm he’s doing good well good days bad days he’s very tired and unfortunately he is terminally so because they couldn’t tell us how long he has left or how big this thing is we are a bit in limbo it’s like a dark cloud hanging over us but he’s very positive about the situation which I think is good unfortunately no treatment so it’s a waiting game 

• Hi Susyq, I'm so very sorry to hear the sad news about your husband.  Everyone on here is very supportive and helpful, they are all willing to lend an ear, if you just want to talk/vent/have a cry.  You will never be alone in this on this lovely forum with these lovely people and you can always ring to actually talk to someone. the I believe Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, is open 7 days a week between 8am-8pm.

It's always the 'not knowing' that is the worst as you always seem to be in 'limbo'.  My thoughts are with you both and I hope you find the strength you are going to need.

Sending love and hugs.

Hazel x

• Hi Susyq

I am so sorry to hear about your husband's diagnosis. It must be a real blow after the previous treatment he has already had for his lung cancer.

While your husband is feeling well most of the time make the most of every opportunity and make some great memories together.

We all have in the back of our minds the chance of a recurrence (I have had 3 but fortunately have had it successfully treated each time) so do understand to an extent the anxiety you are going through. We are here to support you both. As Hazel has suggested do ring the Macmillan support line as they will be able to give some good advice at this difficult time.

Sending you positive thoughts.

Lyn

x

Sophie66

• Good evening Susyq, Im very much like Sophie whom it happened three times, thankfully they stopped it in 2010, its always sad when we get posts like this but lts lovely your husband has taken a positive approach to it all as i think it helps us all cope better. I hope you can continue to have special times together, bless you both,take care.

Chris xx

Its sometimes not easy but its worth it ! 

Community Champion Badge