‘Nodule on my thyroid’

• 13 replies
  • 75 subscribers

So 8 weeks post Chemoradiation treatment, I go for a follow up with my Oncologist last Friday.  At which he shares with me that during the planning of my treatment whilst viewing my scans, they noticed a ‘nodule’ on my thyroid, what the actual!!!  And he’d like me to go for a scan to check it out!?

Tuesday they ring me to ask could I attend today at 2pm for an Ultra sound scan.

No sooner has he started the scan, that he confirms that yes, he can see a ‘nodule’ of about 9mm on my thyroid and could he take an immediate biopsy!!  Well, you don’t say no do you Grimacing   More worry for the next two weeks before results!?  Apparently if it is cancer!?  It must be unrelated to the one on my tonsil and that’s why the treatment didn’t blast this!?  Omg how can the brutal treatment do so much damage to us and yet not touch a 9mm nodule??  If it is cancer, it will be another course of radiation treatment……I thought we could only be subjected to a certain amount!?!  I just cannot go through that again

Sorry I’m rambling, it’s just so difficult to process Pensive