Treatment

• 36 replies
  • 79 subscribers

So here we are ready to start my first cycle of treatment.

Positive and apprehensive all in one, waiting for my transport to arrive to kick off the process.

Chemo and radiotherapy today so expecting a long day so packed a snack box and drinks to keep me going.

Thanks all for your support and for those new to the journey like me, let's get this thing gone, it will be a challenge but we can get through this xx

• Good luck. I'll just echo what Rupertsmum has said about anti-sickness meds. If they're not working tell your team. I didn't and persevered with the meds I was given. It was a week before I got different meds that helped and by that time I had lost loads of weight.

• Good luck with your treatment, the time will soon pass, then you will be on your recovery back to full health.

Ray.

• Good luck, you have got this Muscle xx

• I am now 10 years down the line.  Good luck, you can do it, although there may be days when you think you can’t.  Let us know how you are doing and ask any questions you may have there will always be somebody who can help.  It’s a tough road but you will make it like everyone on here.  You team and us who have/or are going through their treatment will be here for you.  Keep crossing off the days it goes quicker than you think! Take care.

• I am now 10 years down the line

Hi Dawn...good to see you popping back on to say hi and tell us you are well. Did you hang on to that tooth after all?

Dani 

Base of tongue cancer. T2N0M0 6 weeks Radiotherapy finished January 2019

I wrote a blog about my cancer. just click on the link below 

https://todaymycoffeetasteslikechristmasincostarica.com 

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Community Champion badge
  • Yeah been taking them 

I hate being sick Nauseated face 

Xx

• I will be not be bottling that's a promise PrayHeart️ 

I will be having a good meltdown on a crap day 

• Hi Beesuit,

Yes, thanks for remembering.  It keeps being a bit troublesome every now and then but I have an excellent dentist who manages to sort it for me and she is very supportive.  I know the sensation now too so I can catch it in really early stages which helps.  My latest new GP has just stopped allowing me to have the Duraphat, her reason being you can get it without a prescription, although Boots say that is not the case, but my dentist is going to take that over too.  Hope all well with you 

• My latest new GP has just stopped allowing me to have the Duraphat, her reason being you can get it without a prescription,

This is rubbish. I have sent you a friend request if you want to pursue this further. I have helped quite a few people to get this on NHS. I have the NHS guidelines in print that I can forward you. 

Dani 

Base of tongue cancer. T2N0M0 6 weeks Radiotherapy finished January 2019

I wrote a blog about my cancer. just click on the link below 

https://todaymycoffeetasteslikechristmasincostarica.com 

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Community Champion badge
  • I tried to get Duraphat from my GP, and was told to contact my dentist.. I got it, but I really don't see why my GP wouldn't see to it..

Loz (61)

Oropharyngeal right tongue base T2N2bM0 squamous cell carcinoma p16 positive..