NavDx

• 5 replies
  • 72 subscribers

I’ve been reading posts on other head and neck boards and come across a blood test called NavDx. Just wondered if anyone had any knowledge on it? Is it only used in the states? 

• I can’t see any availability in the U.K.  Why  are you interested in it? 

Dani 

Base of tongue cancer. T2N0M0 6 weeks Radiotherapy finished January 2019

I wrote a blog about my cancer. just click on the link below 

https://todaymycoffeetasteslikechristmasincostarica.com 

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Community Champion badge
  • Hi Dani.  I stumbled across it when reading  about people who are waiting for PET scan results and they have regular blood tests to detect any remaining cancer. Even if their  PET scan shows hotspots the blood test can reassure them the treatment is working. I guess I’m preparing myself for my husbands PET scan on 12th July as it is likely that there will be residual cancer as we have been told to prepare for a neck dissection as the tumour in his neck is still visible. I feel like I need to prepare myself. I’ve been trying to read up about immunotherapy and even new mRNA vaccine as I’m so worried. 

• Hey. You don’t know till you know so hold on and see what happens. A novel blood test is never going to be anywhere near as sensitive as a biopsy which is what is going to happen if his PET shows activity. It’s what happened to me and they found no cancer. 
    You are going to make yourself ill. There is nothing you can do till you know the results 

Stop looking at Google  

I know it’s hard but it’s reality. 

Dani 

Base of tongue cancer. T2N0M0 6 weeks Radiotherapy finished January 2019

I wrote a blog about my cancer. just click on the link below 

https://todaymycoffeetasteslikechristmasincostarica.com 

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Community Champion badge
  • Thanks Dani. I will try but I’m really struggling right now. I’m coping with my husband and my Dad both suffering with cancer. My Dads surgery wasn’t successful although it usually is for his type of non melanoma skin cancer, so he is now on immunotherapy.It will feel so desperately unlucky to now experience another failure if my husbands chemoradiotherpy has also failed especially as he only 53. 

• Hi easy to say but you’re going down rabbit holes that you might not get out of and making yourself  ill  in the meantime. Can you change anything no so wait until oet ct scan keep off dr Google a novel

blood  test isn’t going to help to be honest. It’s the pet ct scan then a biopsy

I’ve already mentioned 

our friend Paul 8 years ago he had to have a neck dissection he’s still alive and kicking when his pet ct scan  showed active cells. I’ve another friend his I went to

hus lungs 2 years if immunotherapy and he’s still here this weekend he’s run sn ultra marathon 62 miles overnight. 

hugs Hazel 

Hazel aka RadioactiveRaz 

My blog is www.radioactiveraz.wordpress.com  HPV 16+ tonsil cancer Now  6 years  post treatment. 35 radiotherapy 2 chemo T2N2NM.Happily getting on with living always happy to help