Pureed food ideas

• 5 replies
  • 74 subscribers

Hi all.

My husband had surgery to remove a tumor from his right inner cheek 3 weeks ago. The original graft failed 6 days later emergency surgery to remove and a new graft was done two weeks later taking muscle from the side of his head and bringing it down to his inner cheek. 

The issue now is he is on level 4 pureed meals until he is allowed to chew again, which will happen as the swelling goes down.

My question is does anyone have any meal ideas other than soup, mash potato and pureed casseroles.

Thanks guys xx

• Hi Loopy. You can liquidise anything including a roast dinner or you can try Wiltshire Farm Foods to save you the work 

Leve 4 Pureed Meals

Dani 

Base of tongue cancer. T2N0M0 6 weeks Radiotherapy finished January 2019

I wrote a blog about my cancer. just click on the link below 

https://todaymycoffeetasteslikechristmasincostarica.com 

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Community Champion badge
  • Thanks.

We have some of the Wiltshire farm foods.

I know somethings that are pureed will also need to be strained like peas, lentils due to the skins.

Just after some ideas. Have done sausage casserole, spag bol, chicken roast, scrambled egg, lentil soup, 

• Avocado mashed with banana. Supermarket trifles and mousses. 

Dani 

Base of tongue cancer. T2N0M0 6 weeks Radiotherapy finished January 2019

I wrote a blog about my cancer. just click on the link below 

https://todaymycoffeetasteslikechristmasincostarica.com 

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Community Champion badge
  • Hi Loopy

Sounds as though you already have great ideas so you are doing well. When I first went on pureed food my range of ideas were much less than yours and consisted of pumpkin soup and choc mousse. I have extended my range of ideas now as I am on puree long term but still not as adventurous as yours. I have found slow cooked casseroles with lots of veg in them work well for me as it is about the texture as well as the taste. Also I bought a book with a whole range of soups in them and have endeavored to try every one of them as there quite a few. This has given me quite a variety of different tastes. For a dessert I cut a slice of cake anything I fancy but those with a sponge type consistency work best. I then soak it in Fortisip and add pureed fruit. I tend to use tinned in juice but you can stew any fruit you fancy. I then top it with custard or yoghurt or icecream. I try to make sure that I get fruit, veg, eggs and some carbs in every meal. My Vitamix food processor gets a good work out as it will puree anything. I also puree frozen ready made meals if I am feeling a bit lazy. Some work better than others. I have found that Shepherd's Pie works well. You could also try bread and butter pudding, sago, apple and rhubarb crumble. You just have to be a bit adventurous.

Lyn

Sophie66

• Try Huel meal replacement shakes. I’m taking them and they’re good