Brown mucus

• 5 replies
  • 69 subscribers

Sorry I know this question comes up a lot, but this morning my husband brought up a lot of mucus and some of it was brown. He has quite a bit of fresh blood from time to time too which his consultant said was normal . He finished his radiotherapy/ chemo last week. He has clinic appointment tomorrow so will mention it then but I’m guessing it’s just old blood from overnight but just checking if anyone else has had this? 

• I’m guessing it’s just old blood from overnight but just checking if anyone else has had this? 

Yes me.....par for the course...streaks of blood and old blood.

It's just big clots of blood you need to do something about

Dani 

Base of tongue cancer. T2N0M0 6 weeks Radiotherapy finished January 2019

I wrote a blog about my cancer. just click on the link below 

https://todaymycoffeetasteslikechristmasincostarica.com 

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Community Champion badge
  • Thanks Dani- not sure what I would do without your reassuring posts x

• It’s what we (all of us) are here for. Somebody will have an answer. I just got here firstWink

These are minor points for our medical teams but they cause so much worry for us. 

Dani 

Base of tongue cancer. T2N0M0 6 weeks Radiotherapy finished January 2019

I wrote a blog about my cancer. just click on the link below 

https://todaymycoffeetasteslikechristmasincostarica.com 

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Community Champion badge
  • Hi Worrylo I agree with Dani, i used to get blood in my mucus which my consultant said is quite common, if it goes a green colour it normally means an infection. Sometimes it can be a different colour due to the air we breathe i.e a dusty job. Good luck with the appointment.

Chris x

Its sometimes not easy but its worth it ! 

Community Champion Badge

• It’s nit unusual try not to worry. Good luck with tomorrows appointment 

lHazel 

Hazel aka RadioactiveRaz 

My blog is www.radioactiveraz.wordpress.com  HPV 16+ tonsil cancer Now 5 years  post treatment. 35 radiotherapy 2 chemo T2N2NM.Happily getting on with living always happy to help