neck cancer that they cannot operate on

• 13 replies
  • 72 subscribers

Hi all hope everyone is dealing as best as possible with their aliments, I am on  chemotherapy and on palitive care. For neck cancer that has spread as predicted to lungs and liver and as soon as I was told I signed the consent forms and treatment started within a week of two, I am half way thought my treatment and will have my first scan in about 3 weeks to see if its working and then another 3 cycles hopefully to shrink it or at least stop it growing. My difficult  question is how does the neck  cancer  usually affect a person and what symtoms does one get etc .  I am pleased so far as no side affects and can still do most things but have stopped working and just do the odd jobs when I feel like it . Any views appreciated All the Best Minmax 

• Hi Sophie66 Good for you . I dont need anything in life as I feel totally content with my lot and feel blessed for the life that I have had. I just had a look at that website The Art of dying which I think is helpful and confirms my thoughts on acceptance etc . I like to look at death at just leaving the party earlier or heading off on a new adventure , How exciting is that ?  All the Best Minmax

• Hi Marc

It is wonderful when you are content with your life. It is such a great feeling and sometimes hard to come by. A feeling worth treasuring. When you can look back over your life and be happy with the choices you have made (albeit not all the choices but at least things were going in the right direction).

Looking back and regretting how things went is sad but if you can then change directions and work on a more positive direction that is great. Life can send us a lot of challenges but it is how we cope with them that can make the difference. Not always easy.Life can be extra hard for some. I guess we are both lucky in that we are now content with our lot which is a real blessing.

Life can be a wonderful adventure but working through the highs and lows are part of the trip.

Aren't we getting philosophical. Maybe you should write a book and record your thoughts, it could make interesting reading.

Sending hugs

Lyn

Sophie66

• Hi Sophie66 Thanks it's   kind of you to suggest a book. It reminds of the prison guard telling the prisoners there is good news and bad news , We are having  5 hit for dinner and there is plenty of it .  Life can be cut short so easily and the chances of getting to a decent age are pretty spectacular. This old thing of mulling the past over is a waste of time and non productive , Worrying is like a rocking horse it will get you nowhere. I was talking to my mum and dad  this morning and what a blessing that is to even have parents alive. As regards looking in the rear view mirror I think we all do that at some stage but I am more a pedal to the metal type of person. All the Best Minmax