Nasal/Sinus Cancer?

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 6 replies
  • 71 subscribers

For the past few months I have an insatiable feeling of needing to sneeze but it never happened. Now I am sneezing all the time.  I notice that out of my left nostril whenever I blow my nose the mucuous always has specks of dried blood, or my boogers are very bloody. Never the right.  In fact, I never really get boogers in my left nostril and always thought it was quite odd.

For the past few weeks I have had all over facial pain, both right and left side, sinuses, behind my eyes.I'm thinking it was sinus infection/head cold, but thought it was unusual I never had a fever. I check my temp every day.  Absolutely no drainage.  When I look at my face the left side is definitely swollen compared to the right. I wake up in the middle of the night and have a constant stream of watery eyes down my left eye. . My left eye is always tearing up for whatever reason.  I'm concerned. What to do next? Thank you all.

• Hi, hopeful83, the first thing to do is not to panic, these symptoms could be anything, also don't go on google. To have your mind put at rest go to your GP. All the best

Regards Ray.

• Hi Hopeful.

I'll echo Ray

Stay off Google but go asap to your GP. It may be nothing more than an infection but if it's something more serious sitting on it is the last thing you should do.

Good luck

Dani 

Base of tongue cancer. T2N0M0 6 weeks Radiotherapy finished January 2019

I wrote a blog about my cancer. just click on the link below 

https://todaymycoffeetasteslikechristmasincostarica.com 

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Community Champion badge
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Beesuit

Thank you all. I have been spending too much time on Dr. Google, but that is just me. I'm hoping for the best, preparing for the worst. 

• Hi hopeful83 

can only  echo what others have said keep off dr google. Best advise my oncologist gave me was to keep away from Dr Google in his words he could diagnose himself dead by looking in the wrong places. Get an appointment to see your r g p there’s lots of things you could have apart  from cancer. 
    bedt wishes 

Hazel

Hazel aka RadioactiveRaz 

My blog is www.radioactiveraz.wordpress.com  HPV 16+ tonsil cancer Now 5 years  post treatment. 35 radiotherapy 2 chemo T2N2NM.Happily getting on with living always happy to help  

• Hi, have you spoken to the your gp? I've had very similar symptoms since Sept.... Been referred for camera up my nose, will be seen within two weeks. Petrified is an under statement. Cry good luck with yours and I hope everything turns out OK xx 

• Hi Hopeful83

i hope your doing ok.

My husband has sinus and nasal cancer and similar symptoms as you but has already had his therapy but what’s getting to him is the after therapy symptoms like boogers being stuck inside his nose causing him unable to breath properly and a funny smell .., he blows his nose because it’s his only way to get it out even though he should not be doing this. Can you share if you have had something similar and what you did? 
    anyway I hope your oks and doing better than before.