The waiting game

• 12 replies
  • 66 subscribers

I am sure everyone here has felt the same. Following a gastroscopy last week I have been told I have cancer at juncture of oesophagus and stomach. I had no idea that the symptoms I have of feeling full and lots of wind were indicators. Now waiting for CT scan and to find out if it is treatable. The ups and downs are very wearing as otherwise I feel very well. Just need the opportunity to sound off a bit as my spouse is quite emotionally fragile.

• Just an update. I am happy that everything is happening quickly. Gastroscopy on 4th  CT scan on 13th and now consultant appointment on 20th but my appointment is with a liver consultant which really knocked me off balance today. Am asking myself if this means it has already spread. Am working at improving my strength but struggling a bit with diet. Any ideas for soft savoury foods  I am having fruit smoothies and yoghurts but don't really have a sweet tooth and already getting fed up with soups.

• Good evening Sun24. Diet and food choices do become a bit limited and although purées and soft food seem to be the only option, I did find that I could ‘crunch down’ foods like breadsticks and hummus, crackers and soft cheese, even crisps. Maybe you could try a small amount to see. Good luck for the 20th - will be thinking of you. Best wishes, Julie