Hi I’m a new member & need advice Re OC surgery please

• 11 replies
  • 67 subscribers

Hello everyone , I’m a new member , I have just been diagnosed with OC just last week . I have been told that I have a T3N1 , everything is going rather fast & feel very scared & out of sorts! I have 3 options , surgery along side chemo/radio , just chemo & radio & have also been offered a trial with high dose of Radio & chemo. I’ll be honest & say I don’t know what to do for the best as the surgery really scares me & initially my thought was to avoid it as I felt I would become a sick person so fast , can anybody share with me their thoughts on OC surgery , I’m 74 & currently feel healthy & also classed as healthy with no side effects .I have until this Friday to decide what I opt for , what if I make the wrong decision, thank you in advance 

• Hi Shirl Glad you found your way back and looks as though you are managing treatment very well , I had 11 weeks of chemo and last 6 weeks were with radiotherapy as well daily so I know it gets very tiring , everyday and every procedure is a step nearer to getting your unwanted guest out , that’s all you need to focus on , people said I was very brave but I don’t think bravery comes into it you just keep going along with tests and procedures to get through to the end , there are lots of happy story’s on here and most of us have had the surgery and have come through it so keep strong and please let us know how your doing God blessx