Looking to connect with people in similar situation

• 25 replies
  • 10 subscribers

Hello everyone, I was diagnosed with stage 4 gallbladder cancer in March 2024. I live in a remote area and I'm eager to connect with others in similar situations for some positive online coffee chats. Thanks in advance for reaching out!

• Hi

I was diagnosed with stage 4 gall bladder cancer in May 2024.  I have been told they can’t operate and similar to others currently having chemotherapy.  I am from the Yorkshire area and would love to speak to people in similar situation as me. 

• Hi I am so sorry to hear of your diagnosis.

Please feel free to message me as I’m also in the same situation.

• Hi sorry to hear this, mine is stage 3. Just had the removal of the rest of my gallbladder, a liver resection losing about 25% of my liver and the lymph nodes. However they found a non-terminal tumour that will now require Chemo. I love close to Yorkshire boarder to the east of Oldham. If you need to chat I took an here for you. I have found MacMillan and my local Maggie's so very supportive.

Take care 

• Hi Wendy, hope you are doing as well as you can. I’m only realising about the forum plus I didn’t know how to deal with talking about my gallbladder cancer. But I’m all in favour of online coffee chats. I was diagnosed with stage 3B. Please keep positive, there’s so much I’m sure you want to do so keep doing the small things when you can and find something to smile about each day. I find that helps me.

• Always willing to chat. My update they removed the rest of my gallbladder and 25% of my liver along with some lymph nodes but found a tumor with an artery running thru it. Now trying to recover at home get some nagging aches, not sleeping to well more like naps. I have a follow up with the consultant surgeon on 27th August and will hopefully know the way forward. It is hard to talk at first and so many things go thru your mind wondering about this or that. For me yes I have cancer and do not know how it will pan out. Want to do things like a Norfolk Broads cruise but until I know about Chemo etc my life has been effectively put on hold. Take care and feel free to chat