New to the group

• 4 replies
  • 13 subscribers

I was recently diagnosed with DLBCL.

I've had one round of chemo and have come through it relatively unscathed (I think) 

I have another autoimmune condition called CIDP. 
main issues I’m having is I’m unable to open my mouth or chew foods, swallow has been extremely painful and has been like this since early November 2023. As such have lost fair bit of weight.

any suggestions about other food that’s easy to swallow, soup, yoghurt and ice cream  only get you so far. 

• Hi i can only offer suggestions on other foods. You can get fortified drinks from your GP that contain vitamins and minerals. When a relative of mine was unable to eat solid foods we made simple foods like cheese and potatoe pie, mash and veg, fish pie and veg, then we would put in a blender till it was the consistancy of soup. for puddings we made banana and custard, or tinned fruit and icecream, and again blended till it was liquid. A milkshake with friut in again blended is nice. A lot of every day food can be blended into liquid.Hope this helps

• Hi  and a warm welcome to this corner of the Community although I am sorry to see you joining us. I am Mike and I help out around our various Lymphoma groups. 

I don’t have DLBCL but I was diagnosed way back in 1999 at 43 with a rare, incurable but treatable type of Low-grade non-Hodgkin lymphoma eventually reaching Stage 4a in late 2013 so although my Lymphoma ‘type’ is different I do appreciate the challenges of this journey rather well.

Immediately after my final treatment I had great problems with solid foods so like you I was living on regular small cups of home-made liquidised soup with lots of double cream and home made rice…. this lasted for 4 months then over night it all came ok.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Thank you for reaching out

yes been doing all that and have fortisip drinks from dietitians, 

funny how all the TV is showing now is food and cooking shows Joy I love my food to the point I was probably a tad overweight tbh 

• Many thanks for the welcome and to know I’m not alone in this Thumbsup