New to Group

• 3 replies
  • 12 subscribers

Hello I am new to the group and having cancer. 

• Hi  and a warm welcome to this corner of the Community although I am sorry to see you joining us.

I am Mike and I help out around our various Lymphoma groups. I don’t have DLBCL but I was diagnosed way back in 1999 at 43 with a rare, incurable but treatable type of Low-grade non-Hodgkin lymphoma eventually reaching Stage 4a in late 2013 so although my Lymphoma ‘type’ is different I do appreciate the challenges of this journey rather well.

Do tell us where you are in your diagnosis and/or treatment.

We are here to answer questions or just to chat

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Hi Mike. What a journey. Waiting for biopsies and diagnosis. I have completed two cycles of chemotherapy now. Still in denial.

• Hi again....... each journey is what it is...... just one person's story about navigating a Lymphoma journey.... but importantly my journey is rather different due to the rare nature (7 in a million) of my incurable Lymphoma..... but I am now over 8 years out from my last treatment and turned 68 last month and I am living a great life.

As you are 'waiting for a diagnosis' you don't actually know which of the 60 types and sub-types of Lymphoma you have and your clinical team are treating you based on their best guess?.....yes or no.

What treatment (name) are you having?

....... you will get over the denial stage.... the quicker you do this..... the quicker you take control and are able to define how you live.... rather then you letting your Lymphoma define you and controlling the space between your ears.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge