New to forum

• 3 replies
  • 12 subscribers

I have bcell follicular non Hodgkin lymphoma.  I start 6 sessions of chemo this week.

I am most worried about nausea.

I had chemo 110 years ago for head and neck cancer and was unable to complete the course.  Also had 35 radiotherapy sessions which left me with no taste for 18 months afterwards .  Does the chemo leave one with no taste?  If so, for how long?

• Hi  and a warm welcome to this corner of the Community although I am always sorry to see you joining us. I am Mike and I help out around our various Lymphoma groups.

I don’t have Follicular Lymphoma (FL) but I was diagnosed way back in 1999 at 43 with a rare, incurable but treatable (other) type of Low-grade non-Hodgkin lymphoma eventually reaching Stage 4a in late 2013 so although my Lymphoma / Blood Cancer ‘type’ is different I do appreciate the challenges of this journey rather well.

Sorry that you went through Head and Neck Cancer treatment.

FL is a slow growing Low-grade non-Hodgkin lymphoma....... and is rather different compared to Diffuse Large B Cell NHL that is a fast growing High-grade non-Hodgkin lymphoma

You may want to join and have a look at our dedicated Follicular Lymphoma support group where you will find others with FL.

Do you know the actual name of the chemo you are having?.... there are a number and each can be slightly different.

I had 6 cycles of R-EPOCH back in late 2013 into 2014. And although I had a lot of chemo - over 750hrs I was only slightly affected by nausea as the meds did the job...... and I was only sick a few times but this was down to bad food choices.

I know from speaking to others who have had radiotherapy for Head and Neck Cancer that it can affect the taste buds badly........ but with the chemos for Lymphoma this tends to clear up once treatment is finished...... but yes some folks find that their taste buds can be affected during treatment but it is temporary.

Always around to help more or just to chat

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Thank you so much, your advice is reassuring.

my chemo is polatuzumab + R-CHP Regimen.

• Hi again...... sorry for the deal but I am in the middle os painting the lounge Wink

Lets see if any one on this group has had this specific combination but do also consider joining the FL group and putting up a post with this information - this will widen your search.

I had some of these drugs in my R-EPOCH and as I said I did well with all.......my treatment was actually being used as a stepping stone to get me ready for Stem Cell Transplant as my condition was going to relapse very quickly after my chemo..... you can see my story by using the link at the bottom of my posts.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge