Waiting on final results for hubby

• 6 replies
  • 12 subscribers
  • Hi everyone we are now waiting on the final  results of treatment for George's DLBCL, it's been over a year since he was diagnosed and so far everything has been good, after 4 rounds of chemo there was no lymphoma found in all his major organs, but the consultant would not use the R word as there was a floater in his back, so after 15 rounds of radiotherapy it's D Day on Weds, and all of a sudden  but I'm an absolute wreck, I keep going through "what if" sceanarios , I can't sleep just worrying my self sick, I really don't know how I will cope if it is bad news, so far I have been trying and I think succeeding to keep strong for him, but now it's like as if I've crashed down to earth with a bang, I just hope I can hold it together, he is very confident and strong and the last thing he needs is to start worrying about me,  I just want him to be better and back to normal like before, so please say a prayer that he gets good news on Weds, will let you know how it goes

Hibbie

• Hi  this is totally normal as your focus has been all on getting through treatment for a long time. As you know DLBCL is very responsive to treatment and the fact that he only needed a set of radiotherapy zaps to clear up the leftovers is very encouraging.

I will wear my 'positivity hat' on Wednesday looking for the very best result. As you know I have an incurable type of NHL so I often had bad results but had far more good results so my positivity hat has a good track record over the past years Wink

You may want to prep your questions for navigating the post treatment world. You will find a section in this link Questions to ask your medical team about Lymphoma covering this subject ((hugs))

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Hi Mike still not ringing the bell yet, got to hospital on Weds and not all scan results available, needless to say we were very deflated, they have sent George for a PET Scan next Friday as one of the scans was not clear enough, the consultant said he would be surprised if anything showed up, so have to hang on to that, it was a bit disappointing but it is what it is, we are off to the lake district next week for a few days, something to look forward to, so fingers crossed yet again,  positivity hat still on if a bit askew at times. George had been so laid back through this, wish I could be like him, so onwards and upwards.

• From my long experience these things unfortunately happen but if a consultant says he would be surprised if anything showed up then I would take this as a positive. It’s when they are sitting on the fence it’s more nervy.

Have a great break ((hugs))

Mike (Thehighlander)

Community Champion Badge

• Hi Mike well we got to ring the bell , George is in full remission now, at last now we can get on with our life as the last year has been so stressful,there were times when I nearly gave up, but we have now come out the other end, both of us exhausted but ready to get going again. Can I just say thank you and everyone else on this page for the help and support you gave to me and I will be praying for you and everyone who is fighting cancer, so thank you again God Bless

Hibbie

• Hi again  and this is great news. I see that you have put up a new post so I will put some information on there ((hugs))

Mike (Thehighlander)

Community Champion Badge