Some Positive News Before Xmas

• 2 replies
  • 13 subscribers

Hi all. Just thought I'd share my mid (r-chop) treatment scan results.

Main tumour in my neck massively reduced, and smaller area near pancreas wasnt detectable any longer.

Hugely relieved that, although not 'cured' yet, the chemo seems to be doing its thing. 

I understand the meaning of 'scanxiety' now, as im sure most people on this forum do!

Scan did reveal a blood clot in my right lung, caused by the chemo and i am now injecting blood thinners twice a day to deal with this.

And my voice is still knackered from the nerve damage caused by the main tumour, but hopefully this can be improved once the primary cancer treatment is done.

Guess what im learning is that cancer recovery is a journey with twists and turns along the way!

This forum has been very empowering so thank you to everyone who takes the time to post.

I wish everyone a happy and peaceful Christmas and may we all have what we hope for in 2023 xx

• Stay positive and enjoy your Christmas x

• I would take this as a positive step but in the right direction….. there is no one size fits all when it comes to treatment so although your team were expecting more progress at this stage……. It’s like a course of antibiotics….. you need to do all the course to get the full effect.

When you use the word ‘cured’ you do need to understand that you will most likely not hear that word but once you get your treatment done and get to 5 years post treatment you can believe it……. I have a different type of NHL and it’s incurable.

The journey is less g and winding but you will get there….. have a great Christmas.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge