Skin cancer after DLBCL

• 6 replies
  • 12 subscribers

Hi my husband is 11 months in remission from aggressive stage 4 DLBCL,  has anyone gone on to have skin cancer after lymphoma & if so what type & was their more treatment involved? We are due to see the dermatologist on Monday.  Many thanks 

• Hi , sorry to hear about your husbands possible skin cancer diagnosis. Unfortunately developing Other (‘second’) cancers is real. I am checked regularly by my Dermatologist as the treatments I have had over the past 23 years has put in the High Risk group for developing Skin Cancer.

I have no idea what the treatment involves but it will most likely all be about the stage. You may want to join the Skin cancer Support Group as there is nothing g better than talking with others with experience.

All the very best.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Thankyou for your reply, I think I just wanted to know of having a treatable skin cancer if its alot more serious as a secondary cancer? His consultant did stress how at risk he was from skin cancer. Also should we contact our lymphoma team or just wait to see what the dermatologist says? It's thrown us into a bit of a spin as he was so poorly with his DLBCL & nearly didn't make it, he's done so well I'm just trying to prepare myself before we get there if that makes sense. 

• From looking at the Skin Cancer Group over the years there is a lot of levels of intensity of treatment depending on how the skin cancer develops.

I personally would wait to see what the Dermatologists says but do then get in contact with his Heam team to keep them in the loop….. but the Derm may well do this anyway.

Mike (Thehighlander)

Community Champion Badge

• Yes that's what we thought, I guess there would be an MDT meeting with them all. Many thanks for your help.

• Yes they will collect all the information and most likely go to MDT. When it comes to Skin Cancer there is a risk of secondaries.

Wishing you all the best for Monday

Mike (Thehighlander)

Community Champion Badge

• Thankyou for all your help & advice, much appreciated.