Post NHL treatment and recovery

• 12 replies
  • 16 subscribers

Hi all..

Was diagnosed with diffused non Hodgkin’s large B cell lymphoma stage 4; went through chemo and completed my treatment just over a year ago and being monitored regularly. 

my question is how do people feel post treatment?

I have good days and not so good days.. physically I have started doing the daily household chores - don’t have the speed as before but get through the stuff.. get tired on and off need mid morning and mid afternoon naps.

I feel have lost confidence in certain areas and feel afraid of saying or doing the wrong thing.  Feel quite lonely on some days. Have friends and chat to them regularly but still miss the interaction le I had when I worked full time. TV in the background is a great help or just reading stuff online etc.. I used to love reading, but can’t seem to pick up a book now.

anyone else feel that way and if they did how did they overcome? 
many thanks

• Hey.. well done you!! Stay positive and it has been very tough during the pandemic . My treatment was rchop, rcodexm, rivac, rcodexm, rivac and 8/10 intrathecals.

we have all been through the mill, but staying positive is the best medicine.

The pandemic  hasn’t helped but we are still here to tell the tale Slight smile

all the best abs stay happy, healthy and positive x

• Navigating the post treatment world can for some be as hard as some of the first 2/3rds if the journey.

Did you have a look at the paper After Treatment Finishes - Then What? by Dr Peter Harvey as it helps unpack the post treatment milestones.

If you want to connect with more folks who have walk the walk and as long as you are in the UK do check out the Lymphoma Action website.

Lymphoma Action is a small but very active UK Lymphoma Specific Charity who have lots of good reliable information, videos and run regular Lymphoma Online Support GroupsI highly recommend these groups as there is nothing better than ‘talking’ with other who have walked the journey.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge