Post treatment

• 1 reply
  • 11 subscribers

I haven't posted anything for a long time. My husband who is 73  is now  9 months post treatment. Chemo and radiotherapy. I thought I would post and maybe it would give peole just starting their journey some sort of help.

We are not out of the woods yet as lung where lymphoma was is still not completely clear. Another scan booked.  But he has come through it all thus far.  We have had a few breaks away, in this country, still trying to avoid covid. He still has times when he gets really tired but on the whole we are back to normal. 

We know more  it could come back  but he says he would go through the treatment again. It wasn't that bad. I know not everybody tolerates it the same but all of you just starting your journey you will get to the end.

• Hi again  and great to read your update about your husbands treatment.

I am so pleased that on the whole things went ok. It’s not that unusual for some ‘left over’ problems to remain but let’s see how this progresses. Fatigue can indeed last a long time but you do have to factor in his age as well, the older you are the longer the recovery.

Getting on with life is so important, why go through these treatments and not ‘live’ a life hard fought for!! 

You may find it helpful to make a cuppa and have a look at this great paper After Treatment Finishes - Then What? by Dr Peter Harvey as it highlights the post treatment milestones.

Always around to chat ((hugs))

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge