Car-T Therapy

• 30 replies
  • 17 subscribers

My name is Keeley and I am English, but live in Spain. I have stage 4 Diffuse large B-cell lymphoma which started in my spine early last year. The tumour in my spine fractured one of the vertebraes. I am now more mobile though can still not walk too far. After 6 R-Chop sessions and one methotrexate session I went into remission in November, but I had new tumours by February. I had 2 sessions of R-ESHAP in February and March. My pet scan in mid May showed that it cleared one tumour and reduced another, but I had a new tumour on one of my ribs. I am now classed as refactory. I am very lucky that I have just been approved for CAR-T therapy and my cells were harvested last week. I have to have low level chemotherapy next week to try to keep the tumours more stable as the waiting time now now until my cell transplant is 5 - 7 weeks. Can anyone who has had CART-T therapy share their experiences with me. I am nervous of the the neurological side effects, though I know each persons reactions are different. I have read many of the posts on here and also seen about possible treatments if CAR-T therapy fails, but it would be good to be in contact with people who have been through the CAR-T therapy experience.