30 yo guy about to start first cycle of R-chop Thursday 1st. Wish me luck.

• 14 replies
  • 16 subscribers

Tumor was removed as it was in my testicle. Pet scan showed no spread. Doing 6 cycles of R-chop. Radiotherapy on my other testicle and another process to prevent any potential spread to the brain or back.

Anyway wish me luck. If you have any suggestions to remain comfortable or remcommend a cool hats please let me know.

• Stay strong, I am sure you will get through.Its a long way, keep yourself busy xx

• Thanks for the update - warts and all. I’m about to start treatment tomorrow RCHOP in 3 weekly cycles followed by radiotherapy and I am obviously concerned as you are about shielding etc. Really sorry to hear about the difficulties faced with regards to having a family. I’m a 53 year old female so the infertility issue isn’t an issue for me. Glad you have sperm banked - the right partner will be right there for you but you are so right in that you need to focus on you.

please stay in touch on the site. We’re walking the path with you 

• Just a quick update. Finished my R-Chop treatment. 6th complete. 14/10/21 It sent me off well as it was the first time I vomitted during or after the treatment. Haha typical. I didn't feel like ringing the bell as I still have to get treatment. I'll celebrate when they same I'm in remission!

Still getting a bit of night sweats the odd night, but not dreaching. Told haematology and chemo nurses, but they said it's just side effects.

Though my haematology doctor thought he felt something on my neck lymph node and is gonna bring it up with my Team to see if I need a scan. I think it's just a muscle as I didn't even notice it, but better safe than sorry.

Anyway time to rest and recover for the next 3 weeks.

• Hi  well done and yes rest up and let your body heal Thumbsup

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge