Diffuse large B-cell lymphoma in right breast

• 14 replies
  • 15 subscribers

Has anyone in this group, had this?  Mine is in my right breast and there is a mass that has caused swelling, redness and is extremely sore.  I have other aches and pains in my body and keep imagining it's all related to this.   Anyone had this experience.  I'm now starting to feel aches and pains in my arms and my back.   The doctor has given me steroids for 7 days and I will be meeting with him on Monday, January 4th to discuss my treatment.   It would be really useful if anyone has gone through this experience to get in touch with me.  Thank you so much.

• It tends to be a whirlwind in the early days but once everything is in place you will settle into a rhythm.

The encouraging thing about Lymphoma is that unlike solid tumour cancers like breast, lung, kidney..... the stage number is not a sure sign of prognosis and is mostly used to identify where the cancer is presenting, what the best treatment is and how long it’s require.

I have a rare incurable but treatable skin NHL diagnosed way back in 1999 and eventually reached stage 4a after 14 years when we had to use the big gun treatments (hit my name for my story)

Always around to help and answer questions.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Hi Nurseladybird

just wanted to say hi and how is your treatment going?

I’m also one of the rare ones and also have primary breast DLBCL, which was diagnosed about the same time as yours. Completed R-CHOP #2 last week. 

• Hi  and a quick welcome from me to this corner of the group. How us your treatment going?…… breast DLBCL is unusual but NHLs like this can appear basically anywhere in the body or in my casein the body.

Do keep doting as it’s a great way to give and indeed get support.

I noticed that you have not ‘joined’ the group, please do this and set the notification as this will allow you to get informed when someone answers any posts.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Hi UniCloud, 

I had my second R-CHOP on Friday. Seem to be coping a bit better this time, thankfully. How are you doing? 

I’m 53 and a mental health nurse on the south coast. What’s your story? I’d like to say it’s nice to meet you but I’d really much rather neither of us had to be here.

Sending lots of positive vibes Bouquet