Diffuse large B-cell lymphoma in right breast

• 14 replies
  • 15 subscribers

Has anyone in this group, had this?  Mine is in my right breast and there is a mass that has caused swelling, redness and is extremely sore.  I have other aches and pains in my body and keep imagining it's all related to this.   Anyone had this experience.  I'm now starting to feel aches and pains in my arms and my back.   The doctor has given me steroids for 7 days and I will be meeting with him on Monday, January 4th to discuss my treatment.   It would be really useful if anyone has gone through this experience to get in touch with me.  Thank you so much.

• Hi

Although I haven't had the same type of cancer as you, I do recognise the worry that other aches and pains in my body might be connected with cancer. We all do it as our bodies have let us down and it takes a while to trust them again.

I put 'breast' in the search bar in this group and found these posts which mention having lymphoma in a breast. If you click on the link I've created you could have a read through them and respond to any of the posters who you think might be able to help you further.

Wishing you all the best with your upcoming appointment and do pop back and let us know how you got on.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Thank you so much for this reply.   You have really helped me.

I tell you the support I am getting from this page is incredible, second to none, and I promise I will reciprocate and support people the way I have been supported.  I don't know what I'd've done without it, there is a sense  of family, a feeling of being connected and belonging.  My friends have been supportive too but there is definitely a feeling of being a burden so I alternate who I talk too.

• That you're getting lots of support from this group is lovely to hear as that is the whole aim of the community. As you say, friends and family want to be supportive but it's often hard for them if they haven't been through a cancer diagnosis themselves.

Take care x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi again, over the 11 years I have posted yes the have been a small number of people who have had lymphoma in the breast and if my memory serves me well, all responded well to treatment, don't thing we have many of them still posting but who knows, lets see if any see your post. One of the "problems" these days the is more than one group people can post in so posts are not always picked up on.

John

we all know this is a roller coaster ride, where we ride blind, never knowing where the highs and lows are
  • Yes, everyone is amazing.  I couldn't do it without you all.

• Yes John

I had an awful blip this morning.   I completely lost in and cried uncontrollably.   I did something stupid and googled and saw that I would lose my eyebrows and eyelashes!!  I was horrified.  I had accepted losing my hair but that made me bawl.    Also, I stayed with my mum and my son last night, my mum is elderly and my son autistic and I haven't told them.  It would kill my mum and would send my son, who has mental health issues, into a rapid decline.   So I am unable to tell them.  Luckily, I have good friends who have supported me and I rang my friend Jane as, today, I needed help.

She only lives around the corner so she was able to sprint over and go for a walk with me.  It wasn't only that I'd googled but I also received my first wig.  It was awful, not like the picture and as I put it on, it wasn't me.  I burst into tears.   I cried so hard I couldn't stop.   

But not to make this depressing, it was only a total of say half an hour.   Generally, I am keeping upbeat, active and continuing with my jobs.  It is exhausting and an emotional drain and it is ever present.

I get my plan on Monday.  So I'm hoping that the treatment will start soon.

I need to get started.   

• Once you get a diagnosis all everyone wants is to start treatment as we all fear delay may not produce the outcome we all desire, in reality once treatment starts the worry about lost time vanishes because the focus is then on completing treatment, all steps in "the journey". 

Sorry you have all the extra worries to deal with have you thought about ringing the help line to seek advice about your mum and son, there are others who have faced similar challenges and they found a way that caused little disturbance to daily life. We may not always have the answers but we can listen and understand. 

John 

we all know this is a roller coaster ride, where we ride blind, never knowing where the highs and lows are
  • Hi, I’ve just been diagnosed with primary breast (diffuse large B-cell) lymphoma too. We’re pretty rare, apparently! 

• Hi  and welcome to this corner of the community.

Yes DLBCL in the breast is indeed unusual but as NHL can turn up anywhere in the body it’s not that surprising.

Have your team come up with a treatment plan for you.

Do remember to join the group by hitting 'click to join' or 'join' (depending on the device you're using) near the top of the group homepage as this help keep you up to date with what is going on in the group and better connect you with the group.

((hugs))

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Thank you, I’ve now joined.

I was only diagnosed last week, so I’m still pretty shell shocked. 
    I found a lump in my right breast about a month ago and dutifully went for breast screening and a needle biopsy, to be told it wasn’t breast cancer but lymphoma. 

I’m due to have a PET scan ASAP, and booked in for my first chemo session on 9th June. I’ll be having R-CHOP every three weeks for 12 sessions, then radiotherapy. 
    I’m scared, of course, but staying positive. Thankfully my lymphoma is only stage 1/2, so I know I have a pretty good prognosis. 

I’m grateful to be allowed to access this service and hope to get to know you all better. 

Take care Bouquet